Grants on Usage of DronesNovember 11, 2021
DigitalSky PlatformDecember 2, 2021
Had I been asked to describe the first FPV flight with goggles on this blog post would not have been possible but since simulators have to come to my rescue. The constant crashing stories and drone repair blogs besides the professional training requirement before becoming a licensed pilot often produce a ‘flying scare’ where people drop the idea of becoming a drone pilot in fear of not being able to fly, specifically those unaccustomed in this field. Fear not, for there are a cornucopia of simulators for you to try before putting your hands on actual drones. I’m gonna help you choose the ‘perfect match’ simulation tool that you are gonna stick to at the end of this blog.
- Epson Moverio BT-300 optimized simulator – What’s common between Epson’ simulator and a Chess? Well, for thousands of years Chess has been used as a battlefield simulator. In fact Chess was the world’ first simulation device and the most powerful too, since it has helped to build or even break Kingdoms. Epson’ simulator was the world’s first ‘Augmented Reality Drone Flight Simulator App’ optimised for smart glasses. Flight controllers from the latest DJI drones are used in the simulator while flying 3-D digital drones in a mirrored world. The ‘heads-up’ aerial AR even helps in supplementing experienced pilots with fortified skills.
- Velocidrone – Amongst the plethora of drone simulators Velocidrone is recommended the most by experienced pilots or someone serious about honing their skills. Although, with the unavailability of its demo version and a $20 face value its the most used amongst those with not so good graphics (a reason why it works on less powerful computers).
- DRL – DRL sim is perfect for free birds who want to feel a little casual while flying drones plus it’s cheaper too! Customizable drones, PID tunes and map features, besides the map editor makes the sim colossal. And you don’t need to fly unescorted, some ghost quads of the leading pilots will keep on challenging you. Also available on consoles, its tournaments makes it a unique sim with real time leagues and filmed sessions, in which you can take part.
- GTA V Mod – the gamers will now rush to try this! I, personally, wasn’t a big fan of Grand Theft Auto but everyone in my school computer lab was always ready to minimize to reveal BlueJ desktop when our faculty approached 🙂 My excitement knew no bounds when I came to know about the FPV simulator in GTA V that can be setup with few modifications and a controller. If you minus the physics it’s a real scenario sim where you are bound to adhere to for days in a row. Even if you haven’t played the previous versions its popularity could not have escaped your ears, hence you know it could be tried by anyone, rukee or pro!
- Tiny Whoop GO – presented by Tiny Whoop is an exemplary initiative to teach piloting in the closed quarter of one’s home. This one is a free sim! Go try it now and comment on your experience.
For more such informative content visit : https://insidefpv.com/blogs/
Follow us on Linkedin for latest updates : https://in.linkedin.com/company/inside-fpv